Tanzed's focus up to the end of 2016 has been to:
- provide a renovated nursery class in each of the twenty schools in which TanzED works
- provide an outdoor play area in each of the twenty schools in which TanzED works
- provide training for nursery and library teachers
- to develop the school management programme to include head teacher leadership training
- to increase parental understanding of the importance of education by involving parents in school activities
- provide computer laboratories and computer literacy training in key schools
- develop a more reliable system to monitor registration and attendance figures in nursery and standard one classes
Many positive changes have taken place in Tanzanian Education Policy since the elections in 2015 and following careful ananlysis of the impact these changes have had, Tanzed is delighted to now concentrate on further developing the relationships between schools and their communities by focussing on activites outside the classroom.
Our new "School Development Programme" now includes three projects;
* "School Management"
* "Safe Children"
* "Libraries for All"